Walla Walla Public Schools is now accepting new student registration online for the 2020-2021 school year.
**2021-2022 School year registration for kindergartners, early learners and other new to district students opens
April 19, 2021**
If you would like support in Spanish, please call 509-526-6787.
This enrollment page should be used for all registrations for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) through grade 12.
Step 1: Find Your School
Determine your child’s home school(unless you are requesting to attend Walla Walla Online or one of our other districtwide programs such as Opportunity) by clicking on the button below to review the boundary map for the 2020-21 school year.
Step 2: Gather Required Documents
You will need to upload the following documents as part of the registration process:
- Proof of Age & Name: All children must be at least 5 years old by Aug. 31 of the current school year. (4 years old for Transitional Kindergarten.) Please upload a document verifying the age and name of the student. This may be a birth certificate, hospital certificate, adoption record, affidavit from a parent, passport, previously verified school records, or any other documents permitted by law that shows date of birth and name.
- Proof of Residence: You may provide a utility bill (water, electrical, garbage), rental/lease statement, income tax return, proof of home ownership (including a mortgage statement), or any official document showing both your name and address.
- Immunization Records: Immunizations must be current. Children that do not have the required immunizations prior to the first day of school will not be allowed to attend. Washington State law requires that each child attending school be adequately immunized according to a schedule determined by the Washington State Board of Health. New changes to the immunization policy will be effective August 1, 2020. Prior to school entry, you must present a medically verified immunization record. This requirement can be met by presenting a Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS), by presenting a physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature, or by presenting a physical copy of the CIS with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff.
Step 3: Register Online
Please select one of the options below for the steps to register your child. Families who have not had a child enrolled in WWPS before will use the New Family button on the left. If you already have children registered in the district, use the Exisiting Family button on the rigth to enroll your child.
Open Enrollment for Out of District Students
If you would like to Open Enroll into Walla Walla Public Schools from another district, you must first work with your home district to complete a Choice Transfer.
Open enrollment requests within Walla Walla Public Schools are granted according to priorities outlined in School Board Policy No. 3130, which will be used to determine the placement of a student. School Board Policy manuals are available for public viewing at all Walla Walla Public Schools and the Administration Office. School Board policies are also online at http://www.wwps.org/district/information/school-board/policies.
Choice Transfer Requests for In-District Students
If you would like to seek release from Walla Walla Public Schools to attend another district, please contact the principal of the school that your child attends. If you have questions about this process please contact Susie Golden at 509-526-6715.
The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction Choice Transfer Request Portal may be found at https://eds.ospi.k12.wa.us/choicetransferrequest
Questions about registration or open enrollment?
If you have questions during the online registration process please contact your home school, or the district office:
District Office: 527-3000
Berney Elementary: 527-3060
Edison Elementary: 527-3072
Green Park Elementary: 527-3077
Prospect Point Elementary: 527-3088
Sharpstein Elementary: 527-3098
Garrison Middle School: 527-3040
Pioneer Middle School: 527-3050
Lincoln High School: 527-3083
Walla Walla High School: 527-3020
If you would like support in Spanish, please call 526-6787.
Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten Information
Eligible students must meet both the age, residency, and non-conflicting program pre-requisite requirements, and one or more of the qualifying criteria to be served by the program:
Pre-requisite (must meet all):
- Turn 4yrs-old by August 31 (cannot be 5yrs-old on August 31)
- Resides within the Walla Walla Public School boundary (out of district students may be able to open enroll on a space-available basis)
- Not otherwise identified for participation in the Head Start and/or ECEAP preschool programs
Qualifying Criteria (must meet at least one):
- Lack access (financial, availability, or other) to a licensed pre-school opportunity (opportunity gap)
- Qualify for Free/Reduced meals (income gap)
- Qualify for bilingual education (language gap)
- Exhibit lagging social and/or academic skills based on the WWPS administered screener (performance gap)
- Does not otherwise qualify but wishes to participate on a space-available, tuition-based admittance
Students entering kindergarten must be five-years-old on or before August 31. Prospective kindergartners should register at their attendance area elementary schools. District boundary maps detailing your attendance area are available on the district website, at all Walla Walla Public Schools, and the district office. Attendance area is based on street address.
Registration for the next year's kindergarten program takes place during the spring. More information will be published in school newsletters, the local newspaper, and on the district website. Contact your child's attendance area school for more information.
Note: Students must turn five no later than August 31st of the year in which they register for kindergarten. Younger students, who turn five between September 1 and September 31, may be tested for early entrance, but there is no guarantee of placement. For more information about Early Entrance testing, please contact the Teaching and Learning Department at the district office. 527-3000.