The Assessment department of Walla Walla Public Schools, in conjunction with the Teachning and Learning department, coordinates assessment and evaluation efforts in the district. We are committed to using assessment data from multiple sources to assure student learning and to modify our instructional programs. The administration of classroom, district, and state assessments provides data for the educational data-driven decision-making process.
Three overarching goals guide the assessment practices in Walla Walla Public Schools:
- Our assessments will assess and monitor student progress and achievement over time while using multiple measures.
- Our assessments will guide staff to Identify the needs of individual students:
- To ensure appropriate program placement, and
- To ensure appropriate interventions.
- Our assessments will be used to determine the effectiveness of instructional programs and to make modifications where appropriate.
Lead Assessment Coordinator
Secretary of Assessment and Student Services
Smarter Balanced Practice Test
Learn more about Smarter Balanced (SBAC) for grades 3-8 & 11.
Try a Practice Test: http://wa.portal.airast.org/training-tests/
- Click on “Take the Practice and Training Tests”
- On the next screen, just click “Sign In”
- On the next screen, select your grade level and click “Yes”
- On the next screen, select your test
- Training Tests are brief, but informative
- Practice Tests are in an enhanced multiple choice format
- Performance Tests are longer subject area tasks with real-life scenarios
- On the next screen, you may change settings or just click “Select”