Walla Walla High School
• Framing continued on the Science Building as Jackson’s framers completed the exterior framing creating an enclosed structure safe from weather and has the ability to be locked up in case of emergency
• The windows and frames were installed around the perimeter of the Science Building.
• The exterior and interior insulation efforts were largely completed.
• The exterior brick façade construction has begun along the west end.
• The Utilities/Infrastructure bid package was awarded and had the kickoff with the subcontractors which include local Premier Excavation and Walla Walla Electric.
• COVID-19: As clarified by the Governor to the Superintendent of Public Instruction and relayed by Dr. Wade Smith, construction of schools is deemed essential work and as such, Jackson, Wenaha, and Architects West have enacted safety measures to increase social distancing and create awareness in light of the COVID-19 outbreak. All parties are committed to the work and to public safety and are evaluating the situation continually.
Pioneer Middle School
• Dr. Smith, Wenaha Group and Architects West met with the staff to go over the current design in an all-day review session.
• Wenaha Group continued to coordinate the temporary facilities to ensure readiness for school year 2020-2021.
• Architects West and their design team completed the temporary facilities packages that will soon be bid through the small works roster.
Blue Ridge Elementary
• Wellens Farwell mobilized on site and installed perimeter safety fence around the work area.
• Local subcontractor Allen Key Excavation began removing soil from the berm over the roof.
• Taking into account the school closures, work has been accelerated with the hope of finishing early.
PHOTO: WALLA WALLA’S HOUK MASONRY WORKS ON THE EXTERIOR BRICK FACADE ON THE WA-HI SCIENCE BUILDING.