ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE No. 6213
The following travel procedures are to be utilized by all staff members on all district-approved travel requests.
- When applicable, complete and submit the required advance trip approval request form to a supervisor for prior approval and signature. An estimate of all expenses anticipated should be included.
- If the dollar amount approved is different than the total estimate, the approved amount should be noted on the form and initialed by the supervisor. Supervisors will indicate the appropriate budget number to be charged for the expense.
- All travel arrangements and hotel reservations (including purchase orders) are to be completed at the building/department level. The state government, federal government, or conference rate (whichever is lowest) should be requested for the hotel. When none of these rates apply, hotels with reasonable rates should be considered. When staying at a conference hotel, a conference brochure indicating the conference hotels or other documentation needs to be attached to payment or reimbursement request. Approved purchase orders are an indication of travel authorization. If a purchase order is not included, a signed invoice with budget number needs to be included.
- An appropriately signed travel voucher is an indication of expense approval of trip.
- Upon completion of the trip, the person making the trip should complete a district travel expense voucher. The supervisor must approve and sign the voucher, attach the approved trip request form, conference brochure and/or agenda, and additional receipts as established in the travel planning guidelines. Once the travel expense voucher is fully completed, forward to the business office for final approval from the Superintendent or designee. Any travel billed to categorical programs, including special education, is to be sent to the program director for approval.
Revised: November 2019