Kindergarten registration and Open Enrollment begins Monday, April 18
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten registration opens Monday, April 18 for families that have four or five-year-old children. Open Enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year also opens Monday, April 18. Priority is given to families who complete the open enrollment paper work during the first two weeks of the open enrollment period.
Application for dual language programming is currently open as well. See detailed information below for programs available to Walla Walla families. REGISTRATION & OPEN ENROLLMENT
Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten and Two-Way Dual Language Kindergarten Registration
- Walla Walla Public Schools’ Transitional Kindergarten (four-years-old by August 31) and Kindergarten (five-years-old by August 31) registration period begins April 18. Click HERE to register online. Paper registration packets are available upon request by calling your home/attendance area school or the district office at 509-526-6717.
- If you would like your kindergarten child to participate in the district’s Two-Way Dual Language Program, housed at Edison and Green Park Elementary Schools, please complete the online general registration process and mark “dual programming.” Also, complete the kindergarten dual application found online.
Elementary Open Enrollment
- Elementary parents/guardians, who live in the Walla Walla Public Schools’ district boundary and wish to open enroll their child to a different WWPS school outside their attendance area, will see paperwork come home with their child the week of April 11 and information will also be available on the district’s website.
- Open Enrollment forms will be accepted at your child’s attendance area school starting Monday, April 18.
- Priority will be given to forms returned starting April 18 and through April 30.
Middle School Registration & Open Enrollment
- Look for information coming home with fifth graders the week of April 11 regarding middle school open enrollment and registration for 2022-2023.
Choice Transfer for students living outside the WWPS boundary
- Parents/Guardians, who live outside the Walla Walla Public Schools boundary and wish to Choice Transfer/request enrollment into the WWPS boundary, will need to complete a Choice Transfer Request online.
Open enrollment requests for Walla Walla Public Schools will be granted according to priorities outlined in School Board Policy & Procedure 3130. The priorities are also listed on the backside of the open enrollment paperwork.
Please contact your attendance area school for more information. District boundary maps are available at all schools, the Administration Office at 364 S. Park St,