Walla Walla High School students and staff in the FFA program are having their Annual Spring Plant Sale this week. A huge selection of beautiful plant varieties are available to the public now through Friday at 6 p.m. Parking is available in front of Wa-Hi’s CTE building on Abbott Road.
FFA Advisor Arch McHie and approximately seven FFA members have coordinated this year’s sale. Juniors Emma McGuire and Leah Chapin have taken student leadership roles for the sale.
“When we were able to come into school, we took advantage of it immediately by putting in a lot of hours,” said McGuire. “It’s been a really low year for a lot of people and it’s been super difficult. But at the same time, the flowers are that little bit of life and this feels normal. Yes we have to wear masks, but it feels normal and that little spike of color helps everyone.”
Plant Sale Information:
• Dates: Wednesday, April 28 to Friday, April 30
• Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Location: CTE building lawn area
• Parking will be on Abbott Road with easy access to the plant sale area
• Cash, check or credit card will be accepted
• Information and preorders: Arch McHie (firstname.lastname@example.org)