Walla Walla High School
- Jackson Contractor continued to complete punchlist items on the New Science Building.
- Jackson Contractor continued selective demolition inside the Old Science & Library Bldgs.
- Abatement specialists worked on removing hazardous materials from the Old Science Building.
- Local subcontractor Premier Excavation continued work on the Library and Auditorium additions and grading for the Gym addition.
- Jackson Contractor poured footings and set forms for the Auditorium Addition.
- Local subcontractor Gillespie Roofing began to work on re-roofing the VoAg Building.
- The project team formalized plans for accelerating the Commons Bldg and provided pedestrian traffic routes across campus in preparation for students.
- The design team worked through administration duties to ensure that the project is as planned.
- The district, Jackson, the design team and Wenaha Group worked together to address unforeseen issues and provide effective solutions.
Pioneer Middle School
- The district, Wenaha Group, and Jackson Contractor Group worked to provide temporary heating while the existing boiler plant was relocated.
- Demolition of portions of the building continued.
- Abatement of hazardous materials was ongoing with new areas discovered and addressed.
- Work to provide temporary water was completed.
- Grading was initiated for the new parking lot.
- Excavation and grading for the new entry way.
- Jackson Contractor Group coordinated with the public to allow for items to be preserved by local artists. In addition, Jackson allowed the local police department to salvage one of the modular structures scheduled for demolition for their use.
- Similar to WaHi, there were challenges of discovering unknown conditions during the construction activities that were addressed.
Lincoln High School
- Design documents are nearing completion.
Walla Walla Center for Children & Families
- Through October the contractor continued to work through punchlist items in an effort to complete both the roof and the landscaping.
Bond webpage: https://www.wwps.org/bond
Follow us on Twitter @bondwwps
Delivering on Our Promise