General Clock Hour Information
- An approved program offering must:
- Be related to a predetermined need analysis.
- Have specific goals and objectives.
- Be three hours or more in duration.
- Have a program agenda.
- Be provided by a presenter who has appropriate expertise in the subject area or field of study.
- Be appropriate for the continuing professional development of educators.
- Have an evaluation plan to determine the effectiveness of the presenter, the extent to which the objectives are met, the quality of handouts/printed materials, the adequacy of the facilities, and suggestions for improvement.
- Clock hour proposals must be received at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the proposed program.
- Clock hour programs may be held over a series of days. Example: A 10-clock hour credit course may be 10 one-hour sessions, 5 two-hour sessions, etc. Program offerings are to be credited in increments rounded down to the nearest l/2 hour.
- Routine staff meetings, business meetings, social hours, independent study, on-line classes and actual meal times/breaks are specifically excluded by law (WAC 180-82-200) from receipt of clock hours.
- Walla Walla School District employees receive in-district clock hours for free. Participants from other school districts must pay a processing fee of $2.00 per clock hour credit received.
- Each clock hour offering must be evaluated by participants using the district Program Evaluation Form for clock hour offerings. It is the obligation of the person requesting clock hours to compile the evaluations and submit a summary with completed clock hour forms.
- Individuals requesting program approval will also be responsible for the registration of participants seeking clock hour credit.
- Continuation of an approved clock hour offering is contingent upon satisfactory evaluation by program participants.
- Proposed programs should be submitted electronically to:
Clock Hour Clerk
How to Request Clock Hour Approval
The following documents must be submitted for all programs to at least two weeks prior to the first day of the program.
- Program Proposal Form/Agenda: This form needs to be completed in its entirety, including at least three program topics and three major objectives.
- Vita or presenter information on the first page of the proposal form.
- Brochure or Flyer (if available)
Upon approval, a Registration Packet will be sent to the originator that includes Instructions, Clock Hour Attendance List, Registration Forms, and Program Evaluations.