Walla Walla Public Schools has developed comprehensive plans to safely and effectively educate our valley’s youth during the pandemic. The information below is intended to provide parents and students an update on our educational approach as we strive to provide an exceptional and safe learning experience for all students.
Below are the two learning options available to students and families.
Option #1: Begin in Comprehensive Distance Learning 2.0 and pivot to in-person AM/PM Model as soon as community conditions allow
- Based on guidance from the Washington State Department of Health, Walla Walla County maintains a viral transmission above what is recommended to provide campus wide in-person instruction for all students. As a result, the district is utilizing a Comprehensive Distance Learning 2.0 program for middle and high school students. Revised guidance from state health officials is allowing the district to pivot to the AM/PM in-person model for PK-5 by Jan. 25 as outlined in the Roadmap to Safely Reopening Schools plan. Under the AM/PM program, students attend approximately half their student day in-person on campus and half their day in a distance learning format from home. This approach maximizes face-to-face instruction while adhering to strict social distancing expectations and building capacities in order to keep students and staff safe.
- Alternating MS/HS Schedule for 1st Semester (A and B Days) under Comprehensive Distance Learning 2.0: Click Here
- Elementary & Middle School Attestation Form (High Schools received electronic form and daily screen for symptoms)
- Blue Stage School Hours (effective April 26, 2021)
What does Comprehensive Distance Learning 2.0 look like? Click here
What will the AM/PM model look like? Click here
Option #2: Fully online experience through Walla Walla Online for the 2020-21 School Year
- Walla Walla Online is a fully online experience with the greatest learning flexibility. KG-12th grade students will be assigned a Walla Walla teacher who will serve as their learning coach, assisting them in their independent online learning experience. Under this model, students learn at their own pace, utilizing a high quality digital learning platform. This model may be preferable for families where in-person instruction in 2020-21 presents health/safety concerns or in situations where students experience better success in an online learning model. We ask families/students to make a commitment for at least 1 semester if selecting Walla Walla Online.