Summer Food Service FAQ's
Will food services be available for youth over the summer months?
Yes. Food services will be available for all youth (ages 1-18), free of charge, regardless if they qualify for free or reduced lunch. A sack lunch and breakfast, one per youth, can be picked up daily at designated sites (below), located across the Walla Walla Valley. Youth individually or a parent/guardian may pick up meals at whichever site is most convenient.
Where, when and how do I pick up breakfast and lunch?
Meals can be picked up at each site, curbside, Monday through Friday, during lunch time (times may vary slightly by site - see below). A lunch and the following day's breakfast will be included.
What will the meal consist of?
Per USDA guidelines, similar to regular meals served onsite, breakfasts will consist of a grain, a fruit, and milk. Lunches will contain an entree, a fruit, a vegetable, and a milk.
How are you keeping staff and students/families safe during pickup?
Social distancing measures will be in affect during meal pick-up. Additionally, to ensure an abundance of caution, all staff handling sacks and preparing all food products wear protective gloves and implement the strictest of food service safety.
Meal Service Locations
School Locations, beginning June 22
• Sharpstein Elementary (Howard St side) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Blue Ridge Elementary/Walla Walla Center for Children & Families (south side entrance – back of school) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Garrison Middle School (front of school) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Edison Elementary (front of school) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Green Park Elementary (near gym entrance) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Lincoln HS (4th St side) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Prospect Point Elementary (near bus loop along Howard St) -11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
• Berney Elementary (near staff parking along School Ave) -11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Community Locations beginning June 22
• Vista Terrace Park – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Washington Park – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Veterans Memorial Park – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Valle Lindo – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Kiwanis Park – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Beginning July 1
• YMCA – 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Pioneer Park - 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Jefferson Park – 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Walla Walla Public Library – 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Meal Service Questions
Director of Nutrition Services