Walla Walla Public Schools sets April open enrollment and kindergarten registration dates for 2021-2022
Walla Walla Public Schools announces an April 19 date for kindergarten registration, dual language program enrollment and open enrollment procedures for the 2021-2022 school year. See detailed information below for programs available to Walla Walla families. REGISTRATION & OPEN ENROLLMENT
Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten and Two-Way Dual Language Kindergarten Registration
- Walla Walla Public Schools’ Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten registration period will begin April 19. The registration process should be completed online by visiting https://www.wwps.org/schools/information/registration. Paper registration packets are available upon request by calling your home/attendance area school or the district office at 509-526-6717.
- If you would like your kindergarten child to participate in the district’s Two-Way Dual Language Program, housed at Edison and Green Park Elementary Schools, please complete the online general registration process and mark “dual programming.” Also, complete the kindergarten dual application found online.
- If you have a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) or kindergarten student starting school in the fall of 2021, please join us at our virtual Kindergarten and Early Learning Roundup on Thursday, April 1 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Kindergarten & Early Learning Roundup
Elementary Open Enrollment
- Elementary parents/guardians, who live in the Walla Walla Public Schools’ district boundary and wish to open enroll their child to a different WWPS school outside their attendance area, will see paperwork come home with their child the week of April 12 and information will also be available on the district’s website.
- Open Enrollment forms will be accepted at your child’s attendance area school starting Monday, April 19.
- Priority will be given to forms returned starting April 19 and through April 30.
Middle School Registration & Open Enrollment
- Look for information coming home with fifth graders the week of April 12 regarding middle school open enrollment and registration for 2021-2022.
Choice Transfer for students living outside the WWPS boundary
- Parents/Guardians, who live outside the Walla Walla Public Schools boundary and wish to Choice Transfer/request enrollment into the WWPS boundary, will need to complete a Choice Transfer Request online.
Open enrollment requests for Walla Walla Public Schools will be granted according to priorities outlined in School Board Policy & Procedure 3130. The priorities are also listed on the backside of the open enrollment paperwork.
Please contact your attendance area school for more information. District boundary maps are available at all schools, the Administration Office at 364 S. Park St, and online at https://www.wwps.org/schools/information/boundary-map.