National School Counseling Week 2021 (#NSCW21), “School Counselors: All In for All Students,” is Feb. 1-5, 2021, to focus public attention on the unique contribution of school counselors within U.S. school systems.
School counselors actively engage students to examine their interests focusing on positive ways to enhance academic and social/emotional development. Join us in recognizing these essential levy-funded staff!
School Counselors Play a Critical Role in Walla Walla Public Schools:
- School counselors are employed to help students reach their full potential.
- School counselors are actively committed to helping students explore their abilities, strengths, interests, and talents as these traits relate to career awareness and development.
- School counselors help parents focus on ways to further the educational, personal and social growth of theirchildren.• School counselors work with teachers and other educators to help students explore their potential and set realisticgoals for themselves.
- School counselors seek to identify and utilize community resources that can enhance and complement comprehensive school counseling programs and help students become productive members of society.
- Comprehensive developmental school counseling programs are considered an integral part of the educationalprocess that enables all students to achieve success in school.