Bond Update (November 2020)
Walla Walla High School
- Final punchlist items on the New Science Building.
- Selective demolition inside the Old Science Building and in the Library Building.
- Abatement specialists clearing hazardous materials from the Old Science Building.
- Local subcontractor Premier Excavation continued work on the Library, Auditorium and Gym additions by prepping for the new footings.
- Jackson Contractor Group poured concrete for the Auditorium, Gym and Library additions.
- Local subcontractor Gillespie Roofing continued work on re-roofing the VoAg Building.The design team worked through submittals, RFI’s, and performed site visits to ensure the project is coming along as planned.
- As with any remodel, there were challenges of discovering unknown conditions during the construction activities; the district, Jackson, the design team, and Wenaha Group worked together to address these issues as they arose and provided cost effective solutions.
Pioneer Middle School
- Jackson Contractor Group and plumbing sub installed temporary heating for the north wing.
- Structural demolition completed and selective demolition in the west wing were completed.
- Abatement of hazardous materials was ongoing with new areas discovered and addressed.
- Work on the new parking lot on Bridge Street.
- Excavation and grading for the new entry way addition was completed.
- Similar to WaHi, there were challenges of discovering unknown conditions during the construction activities; the district, Jackson, the design team, and Wenaha Group worked together to address these issues as they arose and provided cost effective solutions.
- Jackson completed pre planning on the gym bleacher demolition with work to begin shortly.
Lincoln High School
- Construction documents are nearing completion.
- A design update and check-in meeting with key staff and stakeholders was held.
- Wenaha Group assembled a team to identify potential issues in design and make suggestions. These comments will be incorporated into the plans by Architects West and plans will be submitted for permit review early in 2021.