FREE 24/7 Tutoring
Free 24/7 tutoring services now open to middle and high school students
Today Walla Walla Public Schools launched a new free 24/7 tutoring service to all students grades 6-12 through a partnership with Paper, one of the nation's leading remote tutoring and writing support companies. The district developed a new website with a log-in portal for students and information on how to utilize the tutoring service, including helpful parent guides and videos.
• FREE 24/7 Tutoring Webpage
Students click on the Student/Family Portal login area on the website and use their WWPS Google sign-in information. Students may also easily access Paper tutoring through their school “student shortcuts” browser landing page.
“Utilizing our one-time federal pandemic relief funds, we are able to provide this 24/7 online tutoring service free of charge,” said Walla Walla Center for Children and Families Director Brent Cummings, who is leading the launch of this new program due to his extensive experience managing Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Funds for the district. “Through Paper, students can safely and securely chat with an expert tutor or get feedback on written work anytime, anywhere, for free.”
Paper Tutoring Overview:
• With Paper, students receive Unlimited 24/7 One-on-one Tutoring for all subjects, delivered by a live educator through Paper's Classroom in both English and Spanish.
• Paper also provides students with Essay Review, where students can upload any piece of written work and receive an annotated version of their work within 24 hours.
• All student activity on Paper is recorded, tracked, and made readily available to school teachers and administrators.
• This equips teachers with Transparent Insights on how their students are learning outside the classroom and helps educators personalize their instruction.
“We will work closely with each and every school and classroom to provide professional development, student orientation, and family communication support to ensure Paper's student-centered learning approach accelerates student learning,” said Cummings. “This is going to be a great resource to supplement the high quality instruction occurring daily in our classrooms and learning spaces. Whether students need help clarifying homework questions or desire feedback on a written assignment, they can get on-demand and unlimited help when they need it in multiple languages.”
You can learn more about this fantastic resource here if you are interested! https://paper.co/