|Learning Improvement Day today - (NO SCHOOL for students -- see list of staff professional development)
• Elementary Writing LID DAY: All elementary schools will participate in writing activities at their individual buildings. The training sessions will be led by district writing trainers. Training will include a writing survey/WWPS Strategic Plan, OSPI Writing GLE’s/EALR alignment, grade level planning, and time for the entire building staff to discuss and share writing for 2006-07.
• Garrison staff will meet at the Walla Walla Airport Conference Room so they are not distracted by the Fair. Agenda items include behavior staff training (Ron Martella), review Garrison Bullying Survey 2005/06 (Mark Thompson), and What is the role of the Instructional Coach? and How can the coach impact teachers and student achievement? (Marit Nierman).
• Pioneer will meet in the Pioneer Library. Agenda items are similar to August 28 and will include Middle School Excellence, continued discussion of text rendering protocol – Breaking Ranks In the Middle, examining student work - Workshop 1/Improving Student Learning; Workshop 2/Tuning Protocol.
• Paine staff is tentatively set to meet with Blue Mountain Action Council staff to discuss grant opportunities. The day’s agenda will also include job shadowing and internship preparation, Ropes Course, Book Circle Topics, and Student Learning Plans for students not passing sections of the WASL.
• Opportunity staff will review current senior portfolios and continue discussion about improvements/changes needed to better accommodate students who travel between Wa-Hi and Opportunity. Time will also be used to review WASL data and make adjustments to start WASL skill class for students. New students will also be able to enroll between 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
• Wa-Hi agenda items include What are SMART Goals?, What Data do you Value?, Creating SMART Goals, Sharing of Goals, First Look at Powerful Designs, Norms & Protocols, Professional Development and the “Planning Wheel,”Creating Planning Wheels, Powerful Designs for Professional Learning, Characteristics of a Results Driven Culture, and Development of Action Plans.