Walla Walla Public Schools has partnered with Paper, one of the nation's leading tutoring programs, to provide all 6th-12th grade students with free, 1-on-1 remote tutoring and writing support. The district is utilizing some of its one-time federal pandemic relief funds to provide this 24/7 online tutoring service free of charge. Connect with your teacher to learn more about this exciting new learning support tool.
Paper Tutoring Overview:
- Program Overview Flyer
- Paper provides schools with unlimited access to a variety of services through a device-agnostic, secure Educational Support System (ESS).
- With Paper, students receive Unlimited 24/7 One-on-one Tutoring for all subjects, delivered by a live educator through Paper's Classroom in both English and Spanish.
- Each online educator is a Paper Employee who is trained in the Socratic teaching method and undergoes a criminal background check prior to employment.
- Paper also provides students with Essay Review, where students can upload any piece of written work and receive an annotated version of their work within twenty-four hours.
- All student activity on Paper is recorded, tracked, and made readily available to school teachers and administrators.
- This equips teachers with Transparent Insights on how their students are learning outside the classroom and helps educators personalize their instruction.
- Paper's Student Success team works closely with each and every partner school to understand the specific needs and goals at each site.
- Through professional development, student orientations, and much more, Paper ensures that schools are excited and ready to level the playing field for all.
- Who are Paper tutors? Learn more here.
- KNDU NBC NEWS STORY
Find out how Paper can support your students before, during, and after school hours! Visit “The parent guide to implementing Paper” site where you can become familiar with Paper and their tutors, explore the student dashboard, and access activity packs that you can use to support your students during tutoring sessions. For more information about Paper, be sure to sign up for a free parent webinar on the Paper parent page!
- The Parent & Guardian's Guide to Implementing Paper | Paper
- La guía de padres y representantes para implementar Paper | Paper
Have questions about how Paper works? Explore the following support articles to get you started using your student dashboard: