4060 (P) - Distribution of Materials to Students/Families
ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE No. 4060
DISTRIBUTION OF MATERIALS TO STUDENTS/FAMILIES
Guidelines for Distribution
In order to be considered for posting and/or distribution, the flyer must:
• Be submitted through the organization’s individual Peachjar account. (Do not submit flyer information directly to school offices or staff members.);
• Be submitted at least a week in advance of the requested distribution date;
• Be non-curricular and have social, recreational or educational value for students;
• Be from a verifiable local non-profit 501(c)(3) organization or government agency;
• Be provided in both English and Spanish - save as a two-page PDF. (The district does not provide translation services.);
• Contain the statement: “The district does not sponsor or endorse this event/information and the district assumes no responsibility for it.” (This statement will automatically be applied through the E-Flyer system so there is no need to alter your document.)
Materials or promotions are prohibited by the district if they:
• Are obscene, lewd, or vulgar;
• Are libelous;
• Contain language that is intimidating, demeaning, harassing or threatening on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or veteran status, including, but not limited to, racial, sexual, or ethnic slurs;
• Promote commercial enterprises;
• Advocate or promote the violation of existing laws, regulation or ordinances, or official school policy, rules or regulations;
• Proselytize or disparage religious beliefs.
• Promote or oppose any political candidate or ballot proposition;
• Inhibit the functioning of any school or school program.
The Executive Assistant to the Superintendent will review and determine whether the materials are approved for distribution via the district’s Peachjar system. Under rare circumstances, and at the sole discretion of the district, when specific flyers necessitate hardcopy distribution, the district may choose to do so. Copies will be the responsibility of the requestor. Any further review will be made by the superintendent/designee whose decision is final.
Issued: September 2003
Revised: 08.2009; 05.2017
Revised: October 2022