You are an important part of your child’s education!
Walla Walla Public Schools District is able to communicate with you in your language about important information and opportunities for your child. This includes information about:
- Registration and enrollment
- Grades, academic standards, and graduation
- School rules and student discipline
- Attendance, absences, and withdrawal
- Parent permission for activities or programs
- School closures
- Opportunities to access programs or services—including highly capable, advanced placement, and English language learner programs
- Special education and services for students with disabilities
Meetings and conversations with teachers and school employees
When you talk with teachers or school employees, the school is able to provide language support if needed. This includes parent–teacher conferences, meetings about special education, or any other conversations about your child’s education.
Questions and Concerns
If you have questions or would like to request an interpreter or translation, your child’s school should be able to help.
If you have concerns about our district interpretation and translation services, you have several options:
- Communicate with the principal of your child’s school.
- Contact the Equity Outreach Hotline at 509-526-6787.
- Contact the Equity and Civil Rights Office in the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI): 360-725-6263 or www.k12.wa.us/equity