Translate Información en Español:
A+ A A-

Translation and Interpretation Services

You are an important part of your child’s education!

Your child’s school should communicate with you—in your language—about your child’s education. This includes translated documents and a language interpreter for meetings and conversations. You have the right to these services even if you speak some English and even if your child can speak or read in English.

Walla Walla Public Schools should communicate with you in your language about important information and opportunities for your child. This includes information about:

  • Registration and enrollment
  • Grades, academic standards, and graduation
  • School rules and student discipline
  • Attendance, absences, and withdrawal
  • Parent permission for activities or programs
  • School closures
  • Opportunities to access programs or services—including highly capable, advanced placement, and English language learner programs
  • Special education and services for students with disabilities

Meetings and conversations with teachers and school employees
When you talk with teachers or school employees, the school should offer an interpreter if you need one. This includes parent–teacher conferences, meetings about special education, or any other conversations about your child’s education.

For times when direct interpretation is not available in your language, our district has contracted with a telephone-based interpreter access system through Linguistica International. Every school has instructions for accessing this program and interpretation is available in any language.

Written information
Important written information from our district should be translated into the most common languages spoken by students and parents. If you receive information that is not in your language, please let the school know if you would like it translated in writing or explained orally to you in your language.

Questions and Concerns

If you have questions or would like to request an interpreter or translation, your child’s school should be able to help. At the district level, you should contact the Equity and Dual Programs Department at 509-526-6784. 

If you have concerns about our district interpretation and translation services, you have several options:

- Talk with the principal of your child’s school.

- Talk with the Equity and Dual Programs Department Director, Dr. Julie Perron. 

- Contact the Equity and Civil Rights Office in the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI): 360-725-6263 or www.k12.wa.us/equity


WALLA WALLA PUBLIC SCHOOLS • 364 South Park St. • Walla Walla, WA 99362 • Phone: 509-527-3000 • Fax: 509.529.7713

SS-logo-alert-transparent Safe Schools Tip Line: 855.976.8772  |  Online Tip Reporting System