2019-2020 Kindergarten Dual Language Program Registration/Application Information
Walla Walla Public Schools will be accepting applications for the Kindergarten Dual Language Program for the 2019-20 school year starting March 6, 2019. Please read below for more information regarding the application.
The goal of the program is to ensure that all students who participate achieve proficiency in both Spanish and English. Please consider the following as you decide if dual language is the right choice for your child:
- Your child is comfortable in a variety of educational settings; and
- Your child has already expressed an interest in different people, places and things; and
- As a family, you will support learning a second language through school attendance, participation in school events and practice of both languages in your home.
Please complete the application form and return to the District Office by, March 15, 2019 or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to: Bilingual Education Department, Walla Walla Public Schools, 364 South Park Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362.
Once we receive your application, the Bilingual Education Department will contact you to set up a specific time for your Dual Language Program interview. Below is detailed information on the entire process.
Kinder Dual Informational Nights
1) Tuesday, February 26 – Edison Elementary School @ 6:00pm
2) Thursday, February 28 – Green Park Elementary School @ 6:00pm3) Tuesday, March 5 – Blue Ridge Elementary School @ 6:00pm
Kindergarten Dual Language Program applications accepted
Location: Applications will only be accepted at the District Office.
Please drop off, mail or email as directed above.
|Mar. 18-29:||Kindergarten Dual Language Program interviews
Location: District Office
|April 5-8:||Families notified by mail regarding Kindergarten Dual Language Program placement
(Parents must still complete the Kindergarten registration process)
Kindergarten Resource Fair.
Date/Time: April 10, 2019 – 6:00pm to 7:00pm
|April 15-26:||Kindergarten Registration|
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Bilingual Education Department at 509-526-6784.