Walla Walla Public Schools has more than 1,000 volunteers annually visit district schools to enhance learning opportunities.
- Reading to students
- Assisting in the classroom
- Job shadowing
- Coaching assistance
- Extracurricular program support
- Chaperoning school activities
- Technology (website development)
- Career advice
Interested in Volunteering?
- Visit the school of your choice to find out volunteer needs.
- Complete a Volunteer Disclosure statement.
(available at all schools)
- Complete a Washington State Patrol clearance form.
- Once the forms have been completed and submitted, check back with the school for your status.
Art Regier Volunteer of the Year
The Award: The Art Regier Outstanding Volunteer Award was instituted in 1991 as a memorial to “Grandpa Art” Regier. Regier, a retiree who devoted years of service to elementary schools in Walla Walla, epitomized the spirit of volunteerism in education. His tireless dedication and concern for the students he served are the inspiration for this award.
Criteria for selection may include the following:
1. Exceptional service or contributions to the children of Walla Walla Public Schools
2. Unusual dedication
3. Demonstration of care, compassion and empathy
Nominations due March 15.
Email completed packets to:
Mark Higgins, Director of Communications
- Art Regier Volunteer of the Year Nomination Form (pdf)