Garrison Middle School Principal Robert Elizondo has been busy planning for 5th grade transition in preparation of serving next year’s 6th graders. Parent nights, school visits, peer mentoring and other events highlight the plans. He recently completed a quick video showcasing his school’s 5th grade transition plan.
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHZ6q0xd7Vs
Garrison MS 5th Grade Transition Plan Outline:
- 1st Friday of each month: Coffee w/ Principal
- March 18: Parent Night @ Prospect Point
- March 19: Parent Night @ Blue Ridge
- March 20: Parent Night @ Sharpstein
- June 3: Step Up Day - 5th graders visit Garrison
Transition Highlights for February, March and April:
- Garrison Middle School administrators, counselors and leadership students will visit elementary schools to provide information to 5th grade students about their transition to middle school.
- Information letters and registration forms will be mailed home to parents/guardians.
At Garrison Middle School, students can:
- Earn high school credit in Spanish, Algebra, Geometry and Dual Language
- Explore and perform in band, choir & orchestra
- Compete in sports with no pay to play fees
- Join after-school programs (Millennials, GM Success, STEM & intramural soccer)
- Explore STEM and computer literacy courses
- Take a full range of Honors level courses
- Benefit from interventions and support in Reading, Math and English Language Development