Ron Higgins has worn many hats during his 33-year stint at Walla Walla High School and now he begins a new journey as principal following his permanent appointment to the position by Superintendent Wade Smith. Higgins has been serving as the school’s interim principal this school year. Smith said the district identified the assets needed from the next principal following input from students, staff, parents and community members.
Criteria for being the Walla Walla High School Principal included:
- Passionate about serving students
- Engaged in the community
- Able to lead the school through a comprehensive remodel project
- Understand the critical work around leadership teams and collaboration
- Embrace the direction of the district
- Comprehend the incredible influence they have in leading Wa-Hi towards exceptional outcomes for all students.
“The more I evaluated these traits, the more it became clear to me; the right person is already sitting in the seat,” said Smith. ”His name is Ron Higgins! I am 100% confident in his skill, passion, and commitment to serve as the permanent principal for Walla Walla High School.”
Higgins says he is all in and thrilled to continue his role as leader of Walla Walla High School.