BOARD POLICY No. 4237
Any club, association or other organization must have prior approval by the superintendent or designee for students' participation in any contest, advertising campaign or promotion. Criteria to be used are:
- The objectives of the contest, campaign, or promotion shall be consistent with the district's goals and policies.
- The proposed activity shall have educational value to the participants and be free of objectionable advancement of the name, product or special interest of the sponsoring group.
- Participation by a student shall not interfere with his/her program of curricular or co-curricular activities.
- The sponsor is a non-profit corporation or agency, or, if sponsored by a commercial enterprise, the advantages to the students and/or the school substantially outweigh the commercial aspects.
- There will be minimal need for the involvement of district staff.
- Appropriate advertising in the secondary schools’ annuals, newspapers, and athletic programs shall be permissible with the approval of the school principal(s).
- Activities that involve an individual building and clearly adhere to the above guidelines may be approved by the principal.
|3220||Freedom of Expression|
|AGO 1995, No. 3||Use of School District’s Facilities by Student Groups for Religious Purposes|
First Reading Date: December 18, 2001
Adopted by the Board: July 16, 2002