Family and Community Engagement Parent Resources
Report to Parents ExecFunction: English | Spanish
- Reading Rockets:
- Reading Rockets is a national multimedia literacy initiative offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
- LearnZillion: Math and Reading Resources (English):
- LearnZillion provides hundreds of math and reading videos sorted by grade level to provide students and parents with additional learning help. You will need to register for an account.
- LearnZillion: Math Resources (Spanish)
- Math Advice for Parents:
- Do you remember how excited your children were about math when they were young? Math has become a performance subject and students of all ages are more likely to tell you that math is all about answering questions correctly. What can parents do to transform math for their children? Here are some steps to take.
- Parent Toolkit:
- The Parent Toolkit App is designed to help you navigate your child’s growth and development from Pre-K through 12th grade in the classroom and beyond. For each grade, the app offers benchmarks to see what your child will be learning in school, and recommendations for diet, sleep and physical activity.
- Family and Community Engagement:
- Parent information provided by the U.S. Department of Education on topics around programs, staying healthy, and succeeding in school and beyond.
- National Education Association (NEA):
- The NEA is the nation’s largest professional educational organization. They have compiled a list of resources for parents, including printable brochures.
- Be a Learning Hero:
- Be a Learning Hero and Great Schools have created this simple tool to understand your child’s state test scores and learn how you can support them at home.
- Let’s Move Active Schools:
- Let’s Move! Is a comprehensive initiative, launched by First Lady Michelle Obama, dedicated to solving the problem of obesity within a generation. The website gives parents helpful information about creating a healthy start for children, providing healthy food in schools, accessing healthy, affordable foods and increasing physical activity.
- Kids in the House:
- Explore over 8,000 videos with top experts in parenting. The site also features videos with parents who have dealt with particular issues and can share their hard-earned wisdom.
- Stop Bullying:
- Resources for parents, children and caregivers on preventing, coping and handling bullying from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.